This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed]Reappearence Of Malice

49 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

OK, you can miss out any more bits like this: (lines starting with the process in bold)

.text C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe[3400]ntdll.dll!RtlHashUnicodeString + 18 7C91547D 21 Bytes [ 00, 8B, 08, 8D, 55, F8, 52, … ]
.text C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe[3400] ntdll.dll!RtlHashUnicodeString + 2E 7C915493 64 Bytes [ 60, 04, FE, FF, 45, 08, 8B, … ]
.text C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe[3400] ntdll.dll!RtlHashUnicodeString + 6F 7C9154D4 48 Bytes [ 00, 85, C0,


Take up from where they finish please and post what remains.

Looks like your computer was running some kind of background process when you ran the scan, not sure what it is, I'll ask see if anyone knows once I've had a look at the remainder of the log.
ok, I haven't had time to do anything with computer for a few days. been away. I will look through the log for the bold processes. How do I stop processes from starting when windows does?
In this case I don't know that you can.

I'm by no means sure, but I suspect it may be a Windows "housekeeping" function that was running when the scan was run.

If you leave your computer inactive for a length of time, Windows tries to "improve" things by moving them around so that it optimizes startup times. I think this may have been the case when the scan was run, however it may be something entirely different.

Try running another scan with GMER and see if you get the same long log.

If not post me the whole log.

If you do, post me the log minus the bulk of the following type entries (post a few as I'll have to show them to some experts to find out what they are), that should keep the amount of posting you have to do to a minimum.

.text C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe[3400] ntdll.dll!RtlHashUnicodeString + 2E 7C915493 64 Bytes [ 60, 04, FE, FF, 45, 08, 8B, … ]
okay. cheers. The Windows updates are still not able to download to my pc. It's really annoying. But I'll do the log again and see what happens.
Due to a lack of a response this topic is now closed.

If you wish it reopened, please send us an email with a link to your thread.

Don't bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.

Gary R

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI