This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Error Message At Login

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello everyone, over the last few days I have become very frustrated with my laptop. Sometimes when I boot up my computer it asks me to enter my password, but I have no password. When I enter anything random it says, "The system cannot log you on now because the domain is not available." And when I reboot, I't takes me directly into my user account, which it's supposed to do. Someone please tell me how to resolve this problem.
Since you have no password, simply hit ENTER. (without putting anything into the password entry area.) This may be a "normal" windows behavior. For instance, When I Reboot, this machine simply takes me to my familiar Desktop. (since I only have one account right now on the machine.) But, if I run MS Accessories - Disk Cleanup and then Reboot, it boots to a Welcome splash, where it invites me to enter a password (which I'm not using on this machine right now). I just hit ENTER without typing anything into the password entry slot, and it takes me to my Desktop. Subsequent reboots then take me directly to my Desktop, unless I run CleanUP again. This most often happens with third-party Temp Cleaner programs, like Ccleaner, CleanUp! 4.52, ATF-Cleaner. _______ I don't think from your description that the following is your situation, but I'll mention it anyway: I've read a couple of forum entries recently about persistent "new Accounts" appearing. Accounts named "Temp.001", "Temp.002", "Temp.003", etc. This appears to be a serious problem for a few users who have "large"(at least 100's of workstations) networks and who have "Roving Accounts" (different from "Guest Account"). Best Remedy if you are noticing the appearance of "New unasked for accounts" is to delete the account via Control Panel - User Accounts. and Post a HJT for a look-see. Best Regards

But, if I run MS Accessories - Disk Cleanup and then Reboot, it boots to a Welcome splash, where it invites me to enter a password (which I'm not using on this machine right now). I just hit ENTER without typing anything into the password entry slot, and it takes me to my Desktop. Subsequent reboots then take me directly to my Desktop, unless I run CleanUP again.
This most often happens with third-party Temp Cleaner programs, like Ccleaner, CleanUp! 4.52, ATF-Cleaner.
_______
Best Remedy if you are noticing the appearance of "New unasked for accounts" is to delete the account via Control Panel - User Accounts. and Post a HJT for a look-see.
Best Regards

Glad you posted the above reply Doug. Thanks. Your reply would explain to me and most likely lots of other users why when booting up (I in this case) get either a welcome screen or my account detail icon that I have to enable before the computer fully boots up.

kind regards, :thumbup:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI