This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

No Sound

22 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

AWESOME!! I've got the Windows Media Player re-installed and all of the songs are still in it. I still don't have any sound from it though. I went back to what you told me earlier and made sure it was the default player, but still no sound.
Control Panel - Sounds and MultiMedia - Be sure the box for show volume icon in taskbar is checked Be sure the "slider" is somewhere in the middle or higher for volume. Also check your volume control on: Windows Media Player The physical speakers themselves
I have sound!!!!! Thank you so much. I really appreciate you taking the time to solve this problem. My daughter really thanks you. I got rid of MyWebSearch and all versions of JRE. I installed the JRE 6u1. I ran the Panda Active Scan but couldn't figure out how to get it to remove anything. I finally figured out it would only remove viruses unless you paid for it. It did remove one virus, but I don't know what it was. I couldn't figure out how to save the log. I also ran a scan with Trend Micro Housecall. Again, I could not figure out how to get it to remove anything or how to save the log. Is there anything else I need to do in order to tune this thing up? If so, should I go to another forum? Thanks again so much for helping with the sound issue.
Yep.

If you're finding Malware via Panda Active Scan and TrendMircro Housecall - and not being able to remove it, we better head you over to the Malware Removal forum.

Please post a HiJackThis Log, over into our Malware Removal Forum.

Create a New Folder, as follows: C:\New Folder\
Rename
the New folder as follows: C:\HJT\

Download HJT.exe from here:
http://www.radiosplace.com

Direct HJT.exe to be downloaded into your new folder C:\HJT\
or
if your default download is some other location, cut/paste HJT.exe into your new folder so that it looks like this: C:\HJT\HJT.exe

Double-click on HJT.exe to open HiJackThis

Press - "Run a system scan and save a log file"

HJT will scan your machine and then open a Notepad panel where it will display the full HJT Log.

Highlight the "entire" log and use cntrl-C to Copy the Log
or use Edit - Select All - Copy commands in NotePad

Navigate to our Malware Removal Forum, here:
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/HijackThis_Log…emoval_f27.html

Select to create a New Topic
Title the New Topic something like "IE Cache Problem"

Use ctrl-v to paste the entire HJT Log file into the body of your new topic.

A Malware Removal Expert will have a look.
Please be patient. We are all volunteers, and they are quite busy.

Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI