I've got no where else to turn to, so i hope someone here can help me. My activeSync encountered error 0x85010017. I search all over the internet but only came up that it is an indication that the server is overloaded (IMHO, i think it means that rapimgr.exe is working at 100% of the CPU).
I just reformatted my computer recently after being infected with some worm. I got help from the HiJackThis Log forum. Anyway, the extend of damage to my registery was too much, so i decided to reformat. After reformatting, i installed Sunbelt Personal Firewall and Nod32 AV. Updated them, and then updated my windows. I downloaded about 70+ windows updates.
After the updates, i installed Microsoft Office 2007 and ActiveSync 4.5 Beta2. I tried to sync, but failed because of the same error - 85010017. I search around the net and found a microsoft website that gave some help about ActiveSync problems. I tried their solution, but it didn't help. I even set the sync folders to nothing (as in didn't sync anything at all), the error wasn't there, but my computer processor was eaten up my rapimgr.exe
I tried deleting the partnetship between my PDA and computer, still no solution.
Here's my computer's specs from HiJackThis log.
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:10:22 AM, on 6/26/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16473)
I have seen that site. But of no help. I could sync. But still rapimgr.exe is still eating my processor.
Rapimgr.exe only "runaway" after i cradle my PDA. Before that, its all normal. But, after cradling my PDA, i cannot even terminate rapimgr.exe by Task Manager.
Some other things i've tried…
-check my firewall and allowed all connections to/from PDA and computer through all ports
-recreate new profiles on Outlook to overcome corrupted profiles
-decreased the amount of sync folders
-reinstall Outlook and ActiveSync
-checked for updates about the error and activesync
paws,
I guess i found the solution. Instead of using RNDIS Sync Mode (the usual), i used the USB Serial Sync Mode. I have been using the RNDIS Sync mode all this while. Upon connection, with a new profile and a new outlook, i managed to sync without rapimgr.exe going into runaway mode.
Now i have even sync through bluetooh. Sorry for opening this thread, and solving it myself.
Reuben
Hi Reuben,
Well done on solving the problem. That sounds like smart thinking to me.
Also thanks for sharing your fix with us. Lots of folks follow these threads searching for solutions, and anyone suuffering from the same problem, now knows exactly what to do.
Regards
paws
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI