Starwalker
Topic Starter
I have 2 problems going on. 1. My active X is acting up. I can not run it on sites that need it. It gives the the pop up but when I click the button to accept it freezes up and just closes the internet completely. All the tabs. Not just the one I am on at that moment. Other sites it hangs up or doesn't recognize that I clicked the accept button.
2. Windows Live Messenger 8.1 signs off on me continually. I don't get an error it's just signs out. I did run a scan thru the Norton one button checkup. It says Program integrity problem and gives me this info.
"C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MSNMSGR.EXE" cannot access a necessary file, "msvcr80.dll."
I have uninstalled it 2 rimes and reinstalled it. That didn't help.
My friend had the same problem and went back to 7.1. If I can fix this I like the 8.1 if I can keep it signed in.
I really need to clean this PC up. HELP! I know MSN is a memory sucker and not good for the PC. But I not only use it to talk to business people instantly. I talk with my 86 yr old dad and keep track of him online when I'm not over there at his place. Not only the 2 problems. It takes forever to go from one page to another. Often times it gives me "This page can not be displayed" Then when I refresh it goes on. Takes forever to load.
2. Windows Live Messenger 8.1 signs off on me continually. I don't get an error it's just signs out. I did run a scan thru the Norton one button checkup. It says Program integrity problem and gives me this info.
"C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MSNMSGR.EXE" cannot access a necessary file, "msvcr80.dll."
I have uninstalled it 2 rimes and reinstalled it. That didn't help.
I really need to clean this PC up. HELP! I know MSN is a memory sucker and not good for the PC. But I not only use it to talk to business people instantly. I talk with my 86 yr old dad and keep track of him online when I'm not over there at his place. Not only the 2 problems. It takes forever to go from one page to another. Often times it gives me "This page can not be displayed" Then when I refresh it goes on. Takes forever to load.