This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Is Windows Live Toolbar A Spyware?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Windows Live Toolbar has been auto-installing in my computer out of nowhere. I sometimes have trouble uninstalling this toolbar. It's annoying, I uninstalled it last 2 days ago now it's back and I can't uninstall it. Please help me!
Hi Sorry to hear you are having problems with Windows Live Toolbar:
Here's a link to some good and useful information:
http://www.webuser.co.uk/products/Windows_…w_3671-663.html
further info plus uninstall tips here:
http://www.webuser.co.uk/forums/showflat.p…186/an/0/page/0

You may wish to run Cleanmgr (Windows) as an alternative to ATF-Cleaner by Atribune (Run one this week and the other next week and so on) however once you have cleaned out your prefetch and rebooted a few times you can leave the Prefetch part of ATF -Cleaner unselected.
Regards
paws
Well, i read the links you showed me, it seems it didn't helped me. I actually uninstalled it yesterday but now it's back! Auto-installed, i didn't click anything or file. It seems when I open IE7 this installs the toolbar.. It's very annoying please I don't want this toolbar. And my homepage is youtube.com anyway
Hi, Are you saying that your home page in IE7 is constantly being reset? despite you setting it up differently each time? and are you sure that it is the Windows live Toolbar and not a look a like? It might be time for you to post an HJT log in the malware removal forum if your Browser's home page is constantly being reset. Regards Paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI