This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

yahoo tool bars and spyware?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

seems to me that with many of these tool bars there appears to be a great deal of spyware embedded in my comp… does any one else seem to feel that this is where a great deal of spyware comes in from? or is it only me ? thanks

seems to me that with many of these tool bars there appears to be a great deal of spyware embedded in my comp…
does any one else seem to feel that this is where a great deal of spyware comes in from?
or is it only me ?
thanks


Hi 'memiller2007' ,

Yes, from my experience on this forum and others I now only have the Google toolbar. No problems with it, but I agree there are some sus toolbars out there so be careful.


No, it is not only you.

kind regards,
Are you asking something specific about Yahoo toolbars or just toolbars in general because you mention the former in your topic title? As far as I am aware Yahoo doesn't bundle or contain any malware in its toolbars or products. I actually have seen more Yahoo toolbars these days than Google but they seem fairly competitive in the field. By the way I am not employed by Yahoo, if I was I'd probably be planning my next holiday, I'd love to go to Scotland one day! :D