This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Google Trouble

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey, When I go into mozilla firefox and the home page shows up(google), I type something I wish to search and google doesnt do anything.. its like i never pressed search. The loading bar loads really quickly right after i press search but doesnt go to the search results page. when i try and do it in I.E it crashes ie. can someone help me. Thanks.
Hi Lochy, Sorry to hear of the problem with your computer. I see that back at the end of February your computer was infected and you were receiving assistance in the malware removal forum for malware including SmitFraud. You didn't respond (or if you did I can't see it) to the post from the malware removal expert LDTate asking you to run the SmitFraud fix and post the logs back for further analysis and advice. It could be therefore that your machine is carrying malicious code and you may want to post a fresh hjt log in the malware removal forum. The fact that you have trouble with both your browsers indicates that you may have an instability or damaged files in your operating system as well as possibly malicious or undesirable code still in your machine. Once your machine has been declared clean by a malware removal expert please post back here in this thread if you still have issues with your computer and we will do our best to help. Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI