Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Searchqu trouble

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sid112000

sid112000

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:42 PM

Hi, My OS is Windows 7 and I use Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and IE. The problem I am facing currently is that I cannot change my homepage. I am not exactly sure what was downloaded/ happened but my homepage was set to www.searchqu.com. Even after I set it back to Google, the moment I close by browser and reopen it, the problem is back. Previously when I typed something in the URL bar, it used to give me Google search results. and now I am getting searchqu results. This problem too persisted when I changed the settings and restarted my browser. I checked for bandoo software (I read it in one of the discussion that that was the cause of the problem) but it is not there on my comp. Please help me get rid of this searchqu thing. It is very annoying. Thanks a lot in advance.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Nahumi

Nahumi

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Technical Support
    Software Development

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:46 PM

Hello sid112000,

Sorry to hear you're having problems.

It sounds like you're having problems with Malware. Please start a new topic on our Malware forum and a member of the team will help you out :

http://forums.whatth...hp?showforum=27

If the problem persists, just post back in this topic and we'll try our best to help.

Cheers,
Nahumi

Visiting Tech
@jamescpegg | FreeTrakr
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online..