This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Everything I Type Gets Unwritten Automaticly

5 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Several problems; Everywhere in my computer where I try to type anything, it unwrites it right away; Also, Anywhere I try to go from my home page it jumps back to homepage; Also , the back button on my keyboard of the notebook no longer works. Also, when I try to go into control pannel it flickers between my computer and control panel, then ends up showing desktop icons. If I try to type in a url to access your site, from that computer, it unwrites it quickly. This reminds me of the fifth element lady in the back of Bruce Willis cab after falling through the roof, saying "please help" This is happening in my other computer, not the one I coming here by, a HP notebook PC laptop with Windows ME
Hi,
Sorry to hear of the problems with your machine, Have you checked to see if you have any malicious elements in your machine?
Windows ME as you know is no longer supported by Microsoft issuing new security updates, so unless you are very careful it is possible that unpatched vulnerabilities in your machine have allowed infection in.
To rule out any malware you might like to do the following:

post a HJT log in the malware removal forum so we can get more details. here's how to do it.

Download HiJackThis (HJT):
hjt downloads:
* http://www.downloads.subratam.org/hijackthis.zip

* If you are unfamiliar with zip programs get HijackThis.exe here:

* http://www.merijn.org/files/HijackThis.exe

* First put hijackthis into a permanent folder.
* Do this first - go to C: and create a new permanent folder.
Example C:\AntiSpyWare or C:\hijackthis
* This is necessary to ensure you have backups should anything go wrong.
* Then put (or download - choose "save" not "run") the hijackthis.exe file in this folder.
If you downloaded a zipped HJT file unzip it to the permanent folder so you have C:\hijackthis\hijackthis.exe.
* Example of the wrong way:
C:\DOCUME~1\Name\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe
* Running hjt from the wrong folder may delay assistance as your helper will have to ask for a new log.

If in doubt use this link to get HijackThis:

http://downloads.malwareremoval.com/hijackthis_sfx.exe

Save it to your desktop and then double-click to run it.
It will install the program in c:\program files\HijackThis.

* Double click HijackThis.exe.
* Hit None Of The Above, just start the program.
* Hit Scan.
* When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
* Click that, save the log somewhere, and copy/paste the log into your own new topic in this forum here:
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/HijackThis_Log…emoval_f27.html

A trained and experienced malware removal expert will then be able to examine the inner workings of your machine through the HJT log file and give you detailed information or specific advice on how to proceed.

If when your machine has been declared clean you are still having issues please post back here in this thread and we will do our best to help you.
If after posting your log in the malware removal forum you have to wait a while for a response please, if you can, try and be patient as often the number of folks needing help exceed the number of expert volunteers available.
Regards
paws
Thanks, I'll have to get an extra floppy to copy it from this, my desktop, and put it in my notebook, because I can not write or do anything from my laptop. Gotta run off to work, thanks again
Hi Motamorphoo Yes using a floppy disc is fine, Post back here once your machine is declared clean, if you are still having issues, and we will do our best to help Regards paws
I'm still trying. I am struggling with getting the files to fix it copied to this memorex traveldrive usb, so I can have a big enough place to copy the winzip and other things to load in the bad computer. So far ,I havnt been able to figure that out yet.I think because this device is for windows se, & i have 98 regular. You can see my other info in the post at the bottom of these "similar topics" Thanks, be back soon.
Hi Motamorphoo, You might find it easier to download winzip and then use floppy disc for the job (you can span large files across several discs if necessary. Usb support is patchy for Win 98se (you will always need a specific driver) usually but not always available from the USB memory stick manufacturer. Usb support is very very difficult to come by for Win 98 (not SE) but see how you go! Regards paws
It's been a while sence I even tried to fix that laptop; I got so wore out trying for days on end doing nothing by work at trying to fix it. Floppys are too small to hold all the info from the things we talked about before, like winzip, and yes, I cant use those usb flash and such things on these older windows 98. What it is, is a very malicious thing called Winantispyware . It has infected so much that the antivirus disks I bought cant remove everything. Do do have a link here that I can pay money for them to fix it? I will have to go add enough in my account; I dont keep much in there. Thanks So much
Hi Sorry to hear that you have got the winantispyware, and I can understand why you want to get rid of it as soon as possible.

Have a look at my first post to you, just download HiJackThis, nothing else, it will fit easily on a floppy disc, follow the instructions that I gave you to post the HJT logfile into the malware removal forum and an expert there will give you step by step detailed instructions on how to remove it!
The malware removal forum is to be found at:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/HijackThis_Log…emoval_f27.html

You will be pleased to hear that the Tom Coyote malware removal expert will provide the advice to you free of charge.
Those folks are highly in demand so you may have to wait a while for a response, but once you hear from a malware removal expert they will stick with you until your machine is declared clean or otherwised advised.

Having said that, donations are always welcome to help keep this site up and running.
Regards
paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI