This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

unattended computer enters letters and numbers by itself

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Every once in a while my computer enters strange things all by itself, following several examples:

7<31
pp723
<4
, 78p8p

 

This can happen if I have a notepad open (Jarte), or a Word document (2003), or a browser (Firefox 35.0).

Sometimes I notice it after I wake it from having been in Sleep mode, but not necessarily always. It apparently can also happen when I just leave it on but without doing anything.

 

I have run the Sophos virus removal tool scan and it says the computer is clean.

 

Any ideas what this could be? Thanks.

 

Asus K95VB laptop, Intel Core i5  2.6 GHz 

RAM 8GB
HD 7200rpm 1000GB
18.4"  1920 x 1080 display

WIN8 64-bit OS (with Start8 interface), language English, Keyboard Danish.


 

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI