Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91813 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

keyboard not communicating well

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jambagis

jambagis

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:04 PM

hi, just a couple days ago my keyboard stopped commuicating well with computer. When I type I have to type slowly and re-type lettrs sometimes 8 times. Laptop Dell studio, Intel Core 2 Duo, windows vista. It only has trouble online and especially with facebook. No trouble offline. Also the brouser started closing internet rendomly. Any ideas? I got Norton 360 and ran it, no difference. Help,so frusrating on line! Aloha, Julia

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,805 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Good, inexpensive wine (not an oxymoron).

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:14 PM

Hi Julia, welcome to WhatTheTech.

The first thing to try is to start Internet Explore with no Add-ons, see if the typing problem still occurs or not:
  • Click Start then Run, type iexplore -extoff and press Enter or click on Go.
  • or ... click on Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)
If that fixes the problem, then you need to figure out which Add-on is causing the problem. To do this, from IE, click on Tools then Manage Add-ons, Enable or Disable Add-ons. Try disabling a few at a time then close and restart IE and see if the problem is gone or not. Once you identify the culprit, uninstall it from the same Manage Add-ons window.

If it doesn't help, it's possible you have some malware, even though Norton 360 did not find anything. To make sure, go to the HijackThis™ Logs and Infections Removal forum, read the info there and follow the posted directions. Once you receive a clean bill of health, come back here if you have any additional questions or concerns or it turns out not to be a malware problem.

Please be patient as that is a very busy area. If you do not receive a response in 5 days, post a message here: http://forums.whatth...ays_t78698.html

Rich

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

#3 jambagis

jambagis

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:26 PM

my skype account just said that it found a malware and that I should add this address to my address book and it will fix it, I feel suspicious, anbody know if this is legit? scan.alert.xax5 is the site, they just call it Scan Alert.

#4 Mr Darn

Mr Darn

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 04:15 PM

Skype is not an anti-virus or malware scanner as far as i am aware, and i dont see how adding the address will help. I would ignore the message, and block the sender. If you are worried, visit the malware forum, and post there, they will sort you out ;)