hi, just a couple days ago my keyboard stopped commuicating well with computer. When I type I have to type slowly and re-type lettrs sometimes 8 times. Laptop Dell studio, Intel Core 2 Duo, windows vista. It only has trouble online and especially with facebook. No trouble offline. Also the brouser started closing internet rendomly. Any ideas? I got Norton 360 and ran it, no difference. Help,so frusrating on line!
Aloha, Julia
The first thing to try is to start Internet Explore with no Add-ons, see if the typing problem still occurs or not:
Click Start then Run, type iexplore -extoff and press Enter or click on Go.
or … click on Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)
If that fixes the problem, then you need to figure out which Add-on is causing the problem. To do this, from IE, click on Tools then Manage Add-ons, Enable or Disable Add-ons. Try disabling a few at a time then close and restart IE and see if the problem is gone or not. Once you identify the culprit, uninstall it from the same Manage Add-ons window.
If it doesn't help, it's possible you have some malware, even though Norton 360 did not find anything. To make sure, go to the HijackThis™ Logs and Infections Removal forum, read the info there and follow the posted directions. Once you receive a clean bill of health, come back here if you have any additional questions or concerns or it turns out not to be a malware problem.
my skype account just said that it found a malware and that I should add this address to my address book and it will fix it, I feel suspicious, anbody know if this is legit?
scan.alert.xax5 is the site, they just call it Scan Alert.
Skype is not an anti-virus or malware scanner as far as i am aware, and i dont see how adding the address will help.
I would ignore the message, and block the sender.
If you are worried, visit the malware forum, and post there, they will sort you out
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI