This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows Xp Logon Password Not Working

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I created a logon password for my Windows XP logon but when I try to logon it doesn't recognize it. I tried to reinstall Windows XP on the other partition (D) without formatting but it stalled on the last 7 minutes so I aborted the installation. When I switched my PC back on it presented me with two windows XP to choose from. The first Windows XP will accept my logon password but I don't think it's loging on from the old Windows installation that I want to logon to because the image on the Admin account is different from the one where I created password for. Additionally, my desktop items and all programs are all gone. When I logon to the second Windows XP I get presented with the Admin logon screen and correct Admin user image but it doesn't accept the password. I am completely lost as to what exactly happened. My question is how can I disable the logon password or how can I get around this mess? Please help. :scratch:
Hi myspace1, Glad you got it fixed, Well done. Also thanks for letting us know, as I was just about to start typing up the fix. You saved my poor old fingers a lot of work! Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI