Hello,
This is on Windows 2000. I placed my computer on standby and after activating the screen a log on window appeared. The user id was displayed. I typed in the password and it would not accept it. I tried other passwords in case I was had used a different one and forgot.
I restarted the computer and the log on screen appeared but with a different user id. I typed in a password and I was able to get into that user image. The problem is that it is not the image I need.
I am not able to make changes to the users when I go to the user folder under control panel. It says I am not the administrator. However, I am the only one who uses the computer. I did not even know I had a second user image.
What can I do to get my image back?
hi Mothership,
it looks like its been awhile, do you still need some help?
you are the only user of the computer? do you use any antispyware apps like spybot or adaware?i want to make sure theres no malware problem first.
not sure how to get your image back, but you can create a new one with admin. prevliages or change the other one to have admin prev. also or delete it.
shelf life
Hello Shelf Life,
Thank you for your response. : )
The computer on Win2000 is not connected to the internet. Before we disconnected it from the internet, we made sure that the computer was clean from viruses and other malware.
Mothership
Hello,
Once I go to the user/Password icon "Administrator" appears in the id field. I am unable anything, including not able to create a new user or make any changes.
The window that opns says, "user id logged is not a member of the administrator group.
Mothership