This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

I Cannot Get To One Website

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Here is the deal. I need to access a local community forum. I could as of last night but today, NOTHING. I get a page saying the site cannot be found or the page from explorer telling me website not found. I have cleared the cookies, temp files and history. What in the world has caused this? Oh, I am having no trouble getting to any other site.
Try flushing your DNS. Start - Run - (type)cmd - (a DOS box will open) At the Prompt (type)ipconfig /flushdns - Enter Restart your machine.
And, of course, it could be that the site is down. TomCoyote was "down" last night for a couple of hours during upgrade/maintenance. Another site where I volunteer was also down yesterday briefly, and then again today, some of my collegues PM'd me that they were having difficulty logging into the site. It happens, and it may have nothing to do with your connection or your machine.
Here is the address www.claynews.net It is not down, another computer in my house is on the site right now. Wireless network. I flushed the dns, no change.
I fixed it. In my Network connection properties the Use the following DNS Server addresses box was checked. I checked the Obtain automatically and it now works. Why did this get set this way?
Good Catch, Scott H :thumbup:

In my Network connection properties the Use the following DNS Server addresses box was checked. I checked the Obtain automatically and it now works.

_______________

Why did this get set this way?


Someone may try to explain the answer to your question in technical terms….
But the real reason is that Network Interface Configurations can behave in strange and mysterious ways!


Did you recently set up or edit the Network Connection?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI