This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Diisplay Setting Error

5 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have run into the following error in my Display/settings/advanced. I get an error message as follows after clicking advanced tab "error loading SISapCom.dll specified module could not be found" but instantly this shows the Plug and Play Monitor and SIS 661FX Properties tab loads. If I then click "Utility manager tab" I get the same error as I have quoted above but again the display loads. My screen resolution is 1024x768 pixels highest(32bit) color quality. I have not had any problem with my computer but am prompted to ask why these error messages are appearing. I would appreciate any expert guidance…………thanks
Hi Tallin,

Couple of basic things you can do, beyond which we may need a little more information.
Here's what you can do, non-destructively, with your XP tools to attempt to fix this annoyance.

1. Reinstall your SIS Video Driver
2. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\ <– scroll down in this folder to see if the SISapCom.dll is actually present
3. If it is present, it may need to be re-registered. –> Start - Run - (type)regserv32 SISapCom.dll - Enter

Post back with progress from the above, so that we can take additional steps if necessary.

Best Regards,
Doug
Thanks for you reply Dough,

Reinstalling my Video driver sounds more than I could do without your guidance!

I cannot find SISapCom.dll by navigating to C:\Windows\System32\ however I put in a search for it and am attaching the results for you advice.

I also tried your number 3 suggestion and was told SISapCom.dll could not be found.
"Windows cannnot find regserv32"

[attachment removed]

Kind regards with thanks for your patience.
Here's the download.
I think it may be familiar to you, as we walked through a similar situation several months back with yours or another user's machine.

http://www.sis.com/download/

Agree/Accept the Terms

In the first box, select your Operating System - Windows XP

In the second box, Select "IGP Graphics Drivers" (means Integrated Graphics Drivers)

In the third box, Select the first item: "SiS66x/SiS76x/SiS671/SiS771

Click - GO
Select a location to Download "from": Australia
Download to a location (make a New Folder) on your C:\ that you will easily remember.

The name of the download is uvga3_380.zip
This is a Zipped download, so you will have to "open" it with WinZip or similar.

If you wish additional information, there is a "ReadMe.txt" inside of the zipped file.
______________

The folder will contain a SetUp.exe that you can use.
Or
You can "Reinstall Driver" from your Device Manager.
Use the prompts to navigate to the location where you downloaded uvga3_380.zip
__________

Question:
In your Device Manager, is there a yellow or red warning next to your Display Adapters entry?
Thanks for answering this question.

Best Regards

Question:
In your Device Manager, is there a yellow or red warning next to your Display Adapters entry?
Thanks for answering this question.

________________________________

Thanks for your post.

No there is no yellow or red warning in Device Manager next to my Display Adapters entry.

Thank you also for your guidance to download the Video Driver file. Old people forget things quickly so I hope your patience is not stretched too much with the help you are giving me.

If I remember correctly I need to uninstall the SiS661FX from Display Adapters before installing the new? For your interest when I click My Computer/ Properties/hardware/Device manager/Display Adapters /SiS661FX/properties it tells me that the device is working properly.

Will not proceed until I hear back from you……………..OK

Best regards,

My Computer/ Properties/hardware/Device manager/Display Adapters /SiS661FX/properties
it tells me that the device is working properly.


Yeah, but you kinda know different, from the errror message you receive.

Yes, the device is working and rendering a video display, but apparently some of the components for enabling adjustments initiated by the user, are not being found, and the message is complaining to you about it.

You could "probably" do "nothing" and just put up with the error message as an annoyance.

My preference would be to attempt to repair whatever has gotten corrupted.

First best step, as in most instances of driver and application problems, is to "uninstall - reinstall".

So yes. Uninstall first.
And remember, that when you uninstall the Video Display Adapter, that XP will revert to a very "basic" video display of much lower resolution…. (read that as: fewer colors, bigger/less precise images and more "blocky" lettering.)

Don't worry if that happens.
You will regain the ability to adjust video resolution back to your preferred settings once the SiS661FX Driver is re-installed.

I don't know why this happened. Could be many causes.

1. "Stuff happens"
2. power surge
3. corruption in the OS
4. Aggressive use of System cleaners like CleanUp! 4.51 or Ccleaner, or aggressive use of Registry Cleaners
or
5. "Stuff happens" :weee:

Wish I could give you a better explanation.
Doug
Thanks again for your time and post - :scratch:

I am a bit disillusioned really as whatever way I go I am unable to uninstall, (therefore reinstall) through start/settings/control Panel/display..>>>I get the same error message "error loading SISapCom.dll specified module could not be found"

BUT I have not tried through Device Manager as I was waiting for your last post. I will have a shot at that I guess. AND now I do remember that things took a turn for the worst in-between uninstalling and reinstalling the driver. I might just put up with the error messages too as I do remember nearly having a heart attack last time I uninstalled the driver from Device Manager.

Your explanation is just fine Dough, but don't :rant2: at me about registry cleaners, cleanup and CCleaner. You said yourself "Stuff happens" so I prefer to think that Stuff did happen.

best regards,

I'm trying very hard to be an angel in this thread. <_<


An Angel, never, I think you are a man and men are never angels…………..impossible

I wanted to let you know that with your Forum help and a little regained confidence all is now fixed in Display.

thank you very much for your patience here on the forum.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI