This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Can Not Open Macromedia's Flash Player

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Every time I try to open any video on YOUTUBE I get this message: "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player."

I have tried everything possible way to find out what the problem is but I can't seem to get a ahndle. I had gone to adobe website and downloaded flash player 9 or so it said "Flash player installed successfully" but when I go to my add/remove programs in the control panel ther's no trace of the adobe flash player. There's a Shockwave player, I am not sure if that's the same thing.

I checked Java and it looks ok.

Please, can anyone jhelp me?
I got problem resolved. I had to uninstall shockwave player. I also enabled "Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins". As well as disabling IE from stopping macromedia website downloading the Macromedia Flash player.
I have sort of the same problem with some twists. I cannot play youtube videos, I get the update or enable prompt. Other video sites I checked worked fine, Google vids, filecabi.net, ect. Most troubling is I cannot listen to MLB audio, it just won't load. :pullhair: On my other computers, it works fine. Funny thing is if I run across an embedded youtube video somewhere, I can play it!!!! Just not when I go to the youtube site. Seems like a java problem but I can't solve it. Any help would be appreciated. I've used you guys before on some spyware issues and was really pleased. I look forward to any assistance you can offer. Thanks in advance.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI