Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Can Not Open Macromedia's Flash Player

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ksaama

ksaama

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 03:36 PM

Every time I try to open any video on YOUTUBE I get this message: "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player."

I have tried everything possible way to find out what the problem is but I can't seem to get a ahndle. I had gone to adobe website and downloaded flash player 9 or so it said "Flash player installed successfully" but when I go to my add/remove programs in the control panel ther's no trace of the adobe flash player. There's a Shockwave player, I am not sure if that's the same thing.

I checked Java and it looks ok.

Please, can anyone jhelp me?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 03:49 PM

Hi,
Sorry to hear of the problems with your computer.
Have you allowed active scripting in the security settings for your browser?

for info go here:
http://www.engin.umi...javascript.html
Regards
paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 ksaama

ksaama

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 03:54 PM

Yes, Active scripting is already "Enabled"

#4 ksaama

ksaama

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 05:45 PM

I got problem resolved. I had to uninstall shockwave player. I also enabled "Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins". As well as disabling IE from stopping macromedia website downloading the Macromedia Flash player.

#5 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 02:44 AM

Hi ksaama, Thats good news its all working OK. Well done Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#6 coastalbuck

coastalbuck

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 06:04 AM

I have sort of the same problem with some twists. I cannot play youtube videos, I get the update or enable prompt. Other video sites I checked worked fine, Google vids, filecabi.net, ect. Most troubling is I cannot listen to MLB audio, it just won't load. :pullhair: On my other computers, it works fine. Funny thing is if I run across an embedded youtube video somewhere, I can play it!!!! Just not when I go to the youtube site. Seems like a java problem but I can't solve it. Any help would be appreciated. I've used you guys before on some spyware issues and was really pleased. I look forward to any assistance you can offer. Thanks in advance.