This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

I'm having trouble with flash player

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I've downloaded the most recent version of flash player and I use firefox 8 (just updated). For some reason, firefox is not getting along with flash player. Originally, I was using Firefox 7, but decided to upgrade because flash player was a problem. I don't know what is going on, it's kind of a sudden thing. I noticed that it started happening after I fixed a malware problem (http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=121302&view=getnewpost) so perhaps something I did here caused the problem or downloaded something that isn't playing well with flash player? I did try uninstalling flash player (I saw 2 versions so I blew them both away). Then re-installed and it worked for a day. Once I turned my computer on the next day, it stopped working. Any help would be appreciated!
Have you tried the uninstall instructions found here:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

Then, reinstall the newest version.

I've seen some malware mess with registry and file permissions that breaks a lot of things. You can you the Microsoft Fixit found here to reset registry and file permissions back to normal then repeat the above process if it didn't work the first time.

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9730795 - Reboot after running it.
Are you sure you are installing the Flashplayer plugin version for Firefox? There are two versions - based on which browser you visit the website with. Have you tried doing a complete uninstall and reinstall of Firefox?
Yeah, I made sure I was downloading the right one. I downloaded both of them separately. It even opened up a new Firefox window when I was finished and said "install complete" while playing a little flash animation. And I did uninstall Firefox too, it upgraded me to the newest version.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI