Deleted Member
Topic Starter
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:43:00 PM, on 4/10/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16414)
It has been a very long time since I burned a CD on my XP system. I vaguely recall having problems the last time I attempted to do it. I am still having a problem with it. No matter how I try to write the files to disk, the wizard for "write these files to disk" says there's no disk in the drive.
To be sure it is not a problem with any disk, I bought some new RW disks today and used one of them. The external drive is a SONY CD-RW CRX700E (external drive)
Here's an example of what happens:
I go to a folder and select some files or folders
I copy them with CTRL-C
I go to My Computer, and then open D:\ (my CD-RW drive)
I select Paste from the edit menu
The Folder appears in the D:\ drive in a section called Files Ready to Be Written to the CD
I select the folder I just pasted
Under the File menu I select "Write these files to CD"
I see "Welcome to the CD Writing Wizard"
The CD Name box is already filled in with today's date. I leave it
I click on the Next button
I see a message box: Insert a writable disc to continue. There is no disc in the drive.
I click on Next (because I have a disk in the drive), but it doesn't do anything
I click on Cancel
I go to My Computer
Right click on D:\ and select Eject
Sure enough there is a CD RW in the drive
How do I fix Windows XP CD burning software?
Do I need my original Window XP installation CD? (I think I can read CDs okay…)
Any ideas about how to fix this? Is there another Windows XP forum better suited for this?
thank you,
Linda
Scan saved at 12:43:00 PM, on 4/10/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16414)
It has been a very long time since I burned a CD on my XP system. I vaguely recall having problems the last time I attempted to do it. I am still having a problem with it. No matter how I try to write the files to disk, the wizard for "write these files to disk" says there's no disk in the drive.
To be sure it is not a problem with any disk, I bought some new RW disks today and used one of them. The external drive is a SONY CD-RW CRX700E (external drive)
Here's an example of what happens:
I go to a folder and select some files or folders
I copy them with CTRL-C
I go to My Computer, and then open D:\ (my CD-RW drive)
I select Paste from the edit menu
The Folder appears in the D:\ drive in a section called Files Ready to Be Written to the CD
I select the folder I just pasted
Under the File menu I select "Write these files to CD"
I see "Welcome to the CD Writing Wizard"
The CD Name box is already filled in with today's date. I leave it
I click on the Next button
I see a message box: Insert a writable disc to continue. There is no disc in the drive.
I click on Next (because I have a disk in the drive), but it doesn't do anything
I click on Cancel
I go to My Computer
Right click on D:\ and select Eject
Sure enough there is a CD RW in the drive
How do I fix Windows XP CD burning software?
Do I need my original Window XP installation CD? (I think I can read CDs okay…)
Any ideas about how to fix this? Is there another Windows XP forum better suited for this?
thank you,
Linda