This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

CD Burner

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what I need to do to get my burner working again? The drive will read any cd I put in it, but if I try to burn, Nero and the Windows burn file both say that they are burning the files, and then there is nothing on the disk. :blink: Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 12:25:03 AM, on 8/8/2006 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.5450.0004) This is the drive that is installed: HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4481B [CD-ROM drive] Thanks for any help you can provide
Just wanted to let you know I fixed the problem and to say thanks for the help. It ended up being the drive itself, the writer-head was not working. A new burner solved the problem well. :D

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI