The G on my key board sticks when I press it. If I don't quickly use the backspace there would be G's everywhere!
Keyboard is just over 3 years old, is kept clean with compressed air so it is not a dirty keyboard…….
What can I do if anything to solve this problem please?
Perhaps a new keyboard is in order?
I was going to launch into an explanation of Accessibility Options, but then found the Ask-Leo article relating to this problem, and enjoyed reading how he explains the possibly causes and solutions.
Whenever I had issues with keys on a laptop keyboard, I would just remove the key and reinserted it. That seems to fix the issue pretty well, though there could be something underneath that you need to clean.
KG
Dough, thanks for that article, I did uncheck only one option which seems to have corrected the sticking problem. However the G key is still stiff and has an entirely different feel to the others!
KGhaleon, Thank you for your suggestion but I am not sure how I would remove the G key short of unscrewing the back of the Micrsoft standard keyboard and that might be what I call as out of "my territory".
Anyway G is certainly easier to handle now due to reading the article Dough sent me.
Hey KGhaleon,
It was a good suggestion, and could as easily have been the solution as my own suggestion.
Tallin may even need to resort to cracking open that keyboard for cleaning at another time.
Your encouragement helps!
KGhaleon, Thanks for deciding to be a Member at TC.
Best Regards
Doug
<_<
Your right dough, tallin just might crack the keyboard open, but not on a Sunday (that is today) as if tallin messes it up, there are no shops open to buy a replacement!
Actually it is not performing to badly, only the G key has a cold or perhaps the flu I think or a bad back whichever way you like to term its response.
Too many breakfast crumbs, for that keyboard to handle?
Once you've opened up a keyboard a time or two, you may gain a bit of confidence.
You are already quite "detail conscious" so you would probably do quite well.
Doug
Thanks for your last post! The ailing keyboard is now the least of my problems sadly, just posted another more serious thread for some genius to solve for me………
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI