Since the past two days my laptop has started typing gibbersh on its own and it is driving me crazy as I am a transcriptionist by professional and need to work on it all day. For example this is what it typed -
this is just a test to see if the my laptop is working or wha]j,get is the problem with the key]j,geboard. I a]j,gem]j,geve]j,gery upset that this is happening. I j,gedon]j,get know w]j,geha]j,get th epo]j,gerblem is and certainly want to get to the bottom of the problem. I d[sq.[][swq.[]i
Can anyone help me with ideas how to fix this? Could it be a virus?
Thanks
Hi
Have you tried find the keyboard driver for your particular laptop at the manufacturers webpage?
It might be a case of a corrupted driver.
If you have installed something just prior to this behaviour, you might want to check if a uninstall
will remedy the situation. A system restore in those cases where a recently new program is causing
the behaviour should also work.
What alterations have been made prior to the behaviour, if any?
Has it recieved any hard bumps or drops recently?
Lastly, the make and model could also help, if it is a known problem for the type.
Regards
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI