This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Keyboard-problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi,
I have problem with keyboard.When I press any key it freezes computer.I don't remember when this started to happen but I do know that i'm sick of the 'on-screen keyboard'. :angry:
[external image: Posted Image]

Keyboard is working properly on my old computer.

I use Windows XP
Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2,60GHz, 2,0GB RAM
I have not come across this before, so have no clear answers, but done a search and most seem to suggest it's a driver problem, so a reinstall of the device should reset it with luck, I also found a Fixit that may be worth trying first, if you want to go this route download the file from this link and see if it helps.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123
Every single thing I have seen to do with this all says the same thing, for whatever the reason there is a driver conflict, and to uninstall\reinstall the device(s), and update drivers. Try going into the device manage, expand the entry for the keyboard, right click on it and select uninstall, reboot and let the wizard auto reinstall it, see if this helps.
@a50 make sure your keyboard is plugged into the correct PS2 port keyboard goes in the purple port and the mouse goes in the green port. Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI