This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Power Prob

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a Dell XPS 400 and whenever I start up, I get a black screen and it says something to the effect of "System Power Voltage is Low" Hit F1 to continue or F2 to enter setup. Ive done a little reading on this, but not sure what it is. I read somewhere my motherboard battery could be low due to a couple of power outages. Could this be the problem? Or……….. I recently installed Crucial Ballistix 5300 (667mhz) ram = 1 gig. I read alot on the site where I bought it from that I might need to adjust my power or voltage settings for the new ram. I really dont know how to do this, could this be the problem Im getting when I start up??? If so, how do I adust the voltage for the new ram. I was running 512 of the stock ram that came from Dell @ 533mhz, which I took out and sold. Please help, I would also like to know how to adjust the voltage for the ram regardless. Thank you.
those batteries usually last for years. could it be referring to your power supply. normally voltage settings can be changed within the BIOS, but i wouldnt do that. you could over clock and cause system instability. are you sure your board supports 667 mgz.
Yes, Im positive my cpu supports 667mhz. I called Dell and Crucial and researched for a couple of weeks to make sure before I bought the new ram.
hi, changing memory voltage could involve more than just tweaking the voltage. first i would make sure that the message your getting refers to the ram. there may not be a option in the bios for it. have you tried to load the "optimized defaults" in the bios? shelf life

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI