This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Some Apps Don't Recognize Internet

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have done the rounds on technical support and no one was able to help me. I recently did a reinstall of Windows XP Pro SP2. When I reinstalled iTunes, I noticed it goes out to the Internet for "the store" and for updates but doesn't recognise the Internet connection for authorisation/purchase. I get back a generic error that the help person couldn't even define. There are sopme other apps that appear to have the same problem. Basically: I did the tech support route at Gateway (hardware and OS), Apple (one of the apps-iTunes) and Verizon (the ISP). My Internet connectivity, email and Internet access for most apps works in normal mode. As an example though, my iTunes fails to recognise the connection when I do activities that I think go directly to a different server than their general web app. I did the Microsoft suggested steps, flushed DNS cache, re-registered dll's, ensured the cryptsvr was working and have accessed other 128-bit security based web sites. (along with the usual reinstallation of apps, powering down modem/router, etc. However, the portion of the apps that does not work in normal mode, can access the Internet in Safe Mode! I am really stuck. After 6 days of reinstalling data and apps…I wanted, this is the last key one to deal with. Any help would really, really be appreciated. Clearly something loaded in normal mode that is not loaded in Safe Mode must be blocking the connection but I am at a loss to figure this out. Thanks!
Hi ldscjpcat, Please complete your work in the Malware Removal Forum, before posting here. Receiving recommendations and instructions from more than one source symultaneously could cause difficulties even when each independant recommendation/instruction may be valid. I have consulted with LDTate, with whom you are working in Malware Removal. In the event that further work is necessary after you complete with him, he will recommend the next best steps. Best Regards
Thanks. I had and done a reinstall of the OS actually. I used the resynch function on the pc time and everything works now. So, after one and half weeks..entirely back to normal!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI