Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Itunes Store/google Earth Etc Cant Log Onto Server?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mgmgmg

mgmgmg

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:40 PM

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 10:29:27 PM, on 7/26/2007 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180) When I try to use Google Earth I cant log onto the server. When I sync my Ipod the Itunes Store fails to connect to server. I cant update the Ad-aware because it fails to connect to server! What is going on I'm getting frustrated!! Have looked around the internet on various forums and haven't found anything. Any help would be appreciated !! Thanks

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:33 PM

You may have some corrupted addresses resolved and saved in your Domain Name Server resolving protocol. Take the following steps: (the recommendation may not fix the problem, but it is safe.) Start - Run - (type)cmd - Enter This brings a DOS style window where you will see a blinking cursor. At the blinking cursor type: IPconfig /flushdns - Enter <--notice the required space before the "/" IPconfig /release - Enter <--notice the required space before the "/" Ipconfig /renew - Enter <--notice the required space before the "/" EXIT - Enter <-- makes the DOS box disappear and returns you to your Desktop. Each of the above steps may take a few minutes to complete. Please just be patient. Wait for a printed statement of completion and return of the blinking cursor before entering the next command. The above should fix you up in most cases. If it doesn't then I'd be suspicious of possible browser hijack infection. So if the above doesn't work for you.... Post a HJT Log over into the Malware Removal forum. Best Regards

Edited by Doug, 26 July 2007 - 09:35 PM.

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 mgmgmg

mgmgmg

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:48 PM

That didnt work, thanks for your help! Ill try posting a hjt!!