This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Random Reboots? [Ax238 may be helpful?]

6 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, I'm having a problem just like nelclaret was having.
Ax238 was helping him, which is why he's mentioned in the topic title.

Forgive me if this is a repost, but I didn't want to hijack nel's thread.
D:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=75690

I've followed the advice given by Ax in the thread linked above, and I still get the BSOD, the info is as follows:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000004, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xF4814D6E)

Mrv8000c.sys
Address: F4814D6E base at F48140008 Datestamp 41461c06
Hello shade,

Welcome to Tom Coyote Forums! I'd be happy to assist you. Please see if the following link lists your situation:
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php#0xd1

Also, please let me know if you've made any hardware/software changes recently, how long this has been going on, and any other information you feel is relevant.

If one of the situations in the above link fit the description of your issue, you can attempt to work through to a resolution.

Regards,

Ax
Ah, thank you very much. :] I very much hope that you'll be able to help me get to the bottom of this. None of the links provided seem to exactly fit my situation. I'm experiencing the same thing nelclaret was in his thread. My computer will seem to randomly restart, and upon logging back into Windows, I'll be prompted with the 'The system has recovered from a serious error' pop-up. I went and recreated my paging file, as per your advice to nel, and also turned off the auto restart in order to get the BSOD and error code. Even went to the site you provided nel with, the microsoft page, and I using the methods provided, I found no spyware with the characteristics given. I also scanned my system with the latest edition of Webroot's SpySweeper to come up with nothing. I'm not sure how relevant this is, but the Mrv8000c.sys file mentioned on my BSOD, is the driver to my wireless card. It's functioning properly. [or else I wouldn't be on the internet right now] Yet, I went and reinstalled it anyway. After that, I still got a random restart. That's where I'm at as of now.
Hm, I've done a bit of investigating on my own. I went and ran a test, looking for unsigned drivers. And that mrv8000c.sys driver happened to be one of them. I went and googled the driver and it came up with a guy who seemed to have the exact problem as myself. Random reboots. You think this could be the cause? [Er, by the way, I'm no longer getting the BSOD, I'm just getting rebooted. The auto restart is still unchecked.]
I hope we can get to the bottom of this as well. Thanks for getting back to me.

And that mrv8000c.sys driver happened to be one of them.I went and googled the driver and it came up with a guy who seemed to have the exact problem as myself.Random reboots.You think this could be the cause?

Possibly it could, but since you reinstalled the driver we will leave that alone for now.

I still need the following information:

Also, please let me know if you've made any hardware/software changes recently, how long this has been going on, and any other information you feel is relevant.

Could you also tell me if there is any sort of event that triggers the restart?

Let's also get the error information:
  • Go to Start|Run, type eventvwr.msc, and press Enter.
  • When the Event Viewer opens, there will be two panes. The left pane is for event categories (Application, Security, and System). The right pane is for event messages (Information, Warning, and Error). We want to find errors.
  • Left-click the Application category in the left pane and check for any error messages in the right pane. You want one that occurred the same time your system encountered the error.
  • Repeat the previous step for each category, or until you find an appropriate error.
  • Double-click the error message to bring up the information.
  • Click the third button on the right side of the information window (copies information)
  • Paste the information here
Thanks,

Ax
I haven't made any hardware changes lately or major software changes lately.
This problem has been ongoing for awhile.

It's really just random.
To me, anyway.
It'll happen during the middle of the night, when I just turn off my monitor and go to bed.

I don't really remember the last time it happened.
It's been at least a day.

I couldn't find an error in the application icon, other than application hangs, the things which I ended through the task manager.

Although, I did find one in the system category.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Date: 2/17/2007
Time: 7:04:35 PM
User: N/A
Computer: AMD-MNLL7KQ075T
Description:
Error code 0000009c, parameter1 00000004, parameter2 80545ff0, parameter3 b2000000, parameter4 00070f0f.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 39 0000009
0020: 63 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d c Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 30 30 eters 00
0030: 30 30 30 30 30 34 2c 20 000004,
0038: 38 30 35 34 35 66 66 30 80545ff0
0040: 2c 20 62 32 30 30 30 30 , b20000
0048: 30 30 2c 20 30 30 30 37 00, 0007
0050: 30 66 30 66 0f0f



Would this be helpful, or would you like those application hang codes?


Thanks for helping me so far.
I really appreciate it. =]

Hope to hear from you soon.
Yes the fan speed could make a difference, since computers don't like heat. You can get temperature monitoring software to use in order to see how hot your system is running:
Motherboard Monitor
SpeedFan

Of course your system will be running cooler now that you have the fan turned up.

It is always good to make sure your PC power connection is grounded, as you can avoid power surges messing up your system.

I won't need the application hang codes, they are standard when you end the process.

There may also be a RAM issue if you have a faulty stick of RAM. Otherwise it could also be that you need to update your drivers.

Post back if it happens again with the error message.

Regards,

Ax
Happened again, unfortunately.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: ipnathlp
Event Category: None
Event ID: 32003
Date: 2/21/2007
Time: 11:40:18 PM
User: N/A
Computer: AMD-MNLL7KQ075T
Description:
The Network Address Translator (NAT) was unable to request an operation of the kernel-mode translation module. This may indicate misconfiguration, insufficient resources, or an internal error. The data is the error code.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 1f 00 00 00 ….
Here's a MS KB on the issue:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/293497

Not very clear instructions though.
  • Go to Control Panel | Network Connections
  • Right-click Local Area Connection and choose Properties
  • Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click Properties
  • Make sure that Obtain IP is selected for both the DNS and IP and hit apply
Hope this helps,

Ax
Hello Ax.
I'm once again here to plead for your help. @_@
I apologize if I'm asking too much about my problem.


I think the last code may have been a random glitch.
D:

My computer's been fine for a while, no restarts for days, until the day before yesterday.
From then 'til today, I believe it's restarted at least five or six different times.

Here's the code from the most recent:
Any ideas?

Event Type: Error
Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Date: 2/27/2007
Time: 7:15:41 AM
User: N/A
Computer: AMD-MNLL7KQ075T
Description:
Error code 0000009c, parameter1 00000004, parameter2 80545ff0, parameter3 b2000000, parameter4 00070f0f.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 39 0000009
0020: 63 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d c Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 30 30 eters 00
0030: 30 30 30 30 30 34 2c 20 000004,
0038: 38 30 35 34 35 66 66 30 80545ff0
0040: 2c 20 62 32 30 30 30 30 , b20000
0048: 30 30 2c 20 30 30 30 37 00, 0007
0050: 30 66 30 66 0f0f

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI