Hi.
I am completely new at this, so please bare with me.
My computer has almost, used up all my memory, only 130 Mb left, out off 512 Mb, how do i free more memory? What programs, can i use? i have used Autoruns and freed 40 Mb, but it takes a lot of time, isn't
there a faster way?
Thanks.
Welcome to Tom Coyote Forums! There are several things that contribute to how much RAM is used on a computer system. In order to make a recommendation that would be beneficial to you, we would first need to know some information about your system.
Please run the PC PitStop Full Tests and post a TechExpress Link here. This link should tell us all the information we need to know about your system, including what is taking up your RAM. You will find these instructions helpful.
Thanks for the link. It looks like we have a few things that we can do to improve your system's performance.
In the Customized Tune-up Tips, you will find issues that need to be addressed with your system. Please click each of these links to view and complete the instructions to resolve the specific issue.
Once you have completed each of the steps, we can proceed to the resolution of your issue. If you need any help with the items listed, please let us know.
freeRAM is a good program that i strongly suggest. Ive been using it almost 2 years.
google it and find the official site. Sorry. if u havnt posted by the time i get back ill get you the site.
Lochy is offering a solution that has worked for a couple of years, if I read that post correctly.
I appreciate and respect recommendations from members when they've tested them.
So I very much respect Lochy's recommendation, even though I disagree.
I've used such programs periodically myself, but have always found they create more load and problem than they claim to solve.