I have 1GB of operating memory. I checked all the processes and task manager shows that they take almost 600MB, however in available free memory he shows that 128MB left. Excuse me, but 1000MB - 600MB = 400MB. I am supposed to have 400MB of free memory - not 128MB. What is wrong? Are there hidden processes/applications that use memory that i don't see in task manager?
Note: I used CPUZ and it detects that total available memory is 1GB.
In task manager, under the performance tab, in the physical memory section it will tell you total memory, and amount available. Thats really all that is important. Processes are not the only thing that uses memory on your computer. The Windows kernel, hardware drivers and cache memory, comes to mind just to name a few.
Your system is using way too much memory as it sits. If you want help making it run better we can do that for you.
Hi Boris_yo. Many of the techs here, including I, can and will assist you in tuning your computer up so that it runs better, more efficiently, and uses less memory.
I merely presented the option to you if you wanted it. Are you saying you would like to tune your system up?
Depends on what you want to do. I have Windows XP since i first purchased my laptop. I never formatted it and reinstalled. I don't install new applications, since my system accumulated all the junk in its registry for all these 3 years and runs with errors. I even don't upgrade to Service Pack 3, because my system is very important to me since it contains sensitive data.
HI Boris_yo…
There is no reason to not have your sensitive data backed up. I can't say this enough. If sensitive data is that sensitive it should not be an issue at all because you will have it backed up in at least one other place if not multiple places.
Nothing that we do for a tuneup should lose any data, but that does not give you a reason to not have your data backed up.
People tell me that my videocard might use a portion of RAM. I still don't know if it is integrated or dedicated videocard. Is there a way i can find this out?
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI