This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Faxing Capability

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My computer has always had faxing capability, but I have not been able to figure out how to get it to do it. My computer OS is windows 2000 NT. My fax modem is probably 56K. Maybe I don't have the necessary fax software? Can someone help me to be able to send and receive faxes?
I followed the directions on the MS document you suggested. My send fax command comes back with the message no dial tone and can't send the fax. I have the telephone wire going from the computer to the phone jack. What else do I need to do?
Make sure the line is connected into the correct jack on your computer. If you have two jacks on your modem, make sure you have the line connected to the one that shows a wall jack and not a phone.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI