Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Help!My frens com auto-shutdown

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chikomoto

chikomoto

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 04:41 AM

My fren haf this problem which his com suddenly auto shutdown..the auto shutdown time varies..sumtimes it shutdown immediately..he uses norton antivirus..what shud i do?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 shelf life

shelf life

SuperMember

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 06:46 AM

hi chikomoto,

a computer that just randomly shuts down could be hardware, software or posssibly malware related. lets get a starting point with a HJT log. please start a new topic and post a hjt log in this forum. I will look for it there:

http://forums.tomcoy...hp?showforum=27

HJT:
Downloads:
Please make sure you have the latest version. HJT 1.99.1
http://www.downloads.../hijackthis.zip
If you are unfamiliar with zip programs get HijackThis.exe here:
http://www.merijn.or.../HijackThis.exe

First put hijackthis into a permanent folder.
Do this first - go to C: and create a new permanent folder.
Example C:\AntiSpyWare or C:\hijackthis
This is necessary to ensure you have backups should anything go wrong.
Then put (or download - choose "save" not "run") the hijackthis.exe file in this folder.
If you downloaded a zipped HJT file unzip it to the permanent folder so you have C:\hijackthis\hijackthis.exe.
Example of the wrong way:
C:\DOCUME~1\Name\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe
Running hjt from the wrong folder may delay assistance as your helper will have to ask for a new log.

If in doubt use this link to get HijackThis.
Save it to your desktop and then double-click to run it.
It will install the program in c:\program files\HijackThis.
Double click HijackThis.exe.
Hit None Of The Above, just start the program.
Hit Scan.
When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
Click that, save the log somewhere, and copy/paste the hjt log into new topic in the forum above.

shelf life
How Can I Reduce My Risk?

#3 chikomoto

chikomoto

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 07:56 AM

oh,its ok now..dunno y it auto shutdown..i go to control panel>power options>advanced tab then under the power button,i go for do nothing..i dunno y but it solved the problem..aniwae thx for u looking into it.. ;)