This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

ccApp problem when shutting down

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Exactly what's in the topic title……When i press shut down, i get a little box saying ''ccApp' and i have to end now before the PC shuts down. I've looked around online. And people suspect its Norton. I have Norton, so i guess it's that. How do i stop it? One more problem, when i do press shut down, my pc takes a while to shut down. Any advice or things i can do to shut it down quicker? (it lingers on the blue ''windows is shutting down'' screen. I'm using Windows XP. thanks :D
thanks for the page. I found a solution on the actual Norton website, although i doubt it works. I have Norton 2006. It says to delete ALL temporary files. I seem to think i've done this before and it doesn't work. I think my PC is slow at shutting down BECAUSE of Norton, which is a shame, because Norton is the best anti-virus i've used, yet it is a system hog and causes problems to the user.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI