OK, well since you said the computer was from your sister's company, there might be a policy in place that prevents the permanent installation of ActiveX components. I may not be on for a while, so I won't go into the details right now.
In the meantime, could you please go to http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/default.asp and perform the set of PC PitStop Full Tests and then post a TechExpress Link here? You will have to register to be able to get a link.
Thanks,
Ax
I have been gone all day and will do this tonight. THanks
THis computer worked for 2 months when I got it without deleting the flash. Happened over night out of the blue. Now Netscape is working fine, since I intalled the newer one, again!
Thanks, your group policies look like they should, so that's not the issue. In the interest of time, along with the amount of time you have already spent on the issue, I have a few more suggestions.
In IE, go to Tools|Internet Options, Security tab, and choose the option to reset to the default.
If option one doesn't work, uninstall flash using the uninstall utility, then download and install the following (Note this is a different type of install): Full Flash Player
Thanks, your group policies look like they should, so that's not the issue. In the interest of time, along with the amount of time you have already spent on the issue, I have a few more suggestions.
In IE, go to Tools|Internet Options, Security tab, and choose the option to reset to the default.
If option one doesn't work, uninstall flash using the uninstall utility, then download and install the following (Note this is a different type of install): Full Flash Player
Let me know if you have any problems and whether any of these work or not.
Edit: Fixed invalid link
Ax
OMG, the second installer worked, the one with the Active X!!!! I can't get IE7 on this puter, so that was the last resort. I will try again tonight after I have more files, cause my temp folder might have been empty, vut it didn't flash up there like it did before. I am so happy, you are the best. you have stood by me thru all of this and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
That's great to hear! You have done a wonderful job working through this!
You are very welcome, it was a pleasure helping you out. Thank you for the patience you displayed in getting the issue resolved.
Cheers,
Ax
No, the thanks is all yours. you guys are the best, unreal what patience and understanding you had iwth me. You make life so much easier for computer dummies like me.
I have been having exactly the same problem with my flash player uninstalling so came upon this forum. Hoping it helps me too. Last month I had to do a hard reformat of my drive and reinstall everything (my computer had been crashing more and more and it was only a year old) - so did that. But for some reason, flash will not stay on my computer now. It did before I started anew.
I have norton running, register repair, spywear search and destroy all runniing and doing scans weekly and am thinking they are the culprits more than anyhting.
Will go try some of your fixes and see if I can get it to work. I heard a lot of bad stuff on ie7 - i mainly use ie6, msn and firefox (which is a pain with flash so dont use it that much).
Off to see if can reinstall it correctly….
Crunch
I have the link, but it won't copy and paste for the flash unintall/install that worked. I can send it my email, but it does not work when I post it here. Or ask Ax238 for the link he gave michelena2000! It is post 64!
Thanks - will go check the post out. I reinstalled and of course it works NOW - but it will be gone in a couple days - drives you NUTS since you think your imagining things!