This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Adobe Flash Player

34 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

About 5 days ago, my flash was gone. I uninstalled and re-intalled it, only to come back the next day and it won't work. I can't read any flash pages without it. Why is it not staying after months of being there? And i tells me it is successfully installed. In the add/remove progams I see it, but it takes up no disc space, should it? I am going nuts over this.

Hello michelena,

I would suggest uninstalling the player first, but you can only uninstall it with the Adobe Flash Uninstaller. Use the following instructions to resolve the issue:
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase…cfm?id=tn_14157

After this is completed, reinstall the Flash player from http://www.adobe.com.

Cheers,

Ax

That is exactly what I have been doing. Using the exact links as you provided and still it just stops working after I have turned the puter off overnight. Very strange. I go thru this each morning. I don't know what else to do.
After doing the uninstall, go to the C:\Windows\System32 directory and delete the folder called Macromed. You'll probably have to exit any web browsers you have open first. Try installing again after the folder is deleted.

After doing the uninstall, go to the C:\Windows\System32 directory and delete the folder called Macromed. You'll probably have to exit any web browsers you have open first. Try installing again after the folder is deleted.


Thanks so much for your help. There were two folders like this, one just had the macmed on it. The other was full of stuff and also had it. I right clicked and deleted. I will know tomorrow it worked. It will work all day and the in the morning it disappears! I will let you know. You are so kind to help this puter illiterate person! Have a great day, hope you are not getting snow and sleet like I am!
I'm glad you were able to delete the folders. That seems strange there were two, possibly part of the issue you are having. We all start out with little or no knowledge, but it is through experiences like these that this knowledge is gained. We got our snow last weekend, now it's just cold :). Have a good one yourself and be safe in the winter weather. Regards, Ax

I'm glad you were able to delete the folders. That seems strange there were two, possibly part of the issue you are having.

We all start out with little or no knowledge, but it is through experiences like these that this knowledge is gained.

We got our snow last weekend, now it's just cold :). Have a good one yourself and be safe in the winter weather.

Regards,

Ax

It didn't work again for some reason. Could it be happening when I delete my temp files folder?
Sorry to hear you haven't gotten it working yet. As to the answer for your question, it depends on what you are deleting. On the Internet Options General tab, there is a View Objects button. If you delete what is in here (the C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files folder), this could cause the problem. If you think it might be a cause, try to not delete the temp files folder and post back the results.

Cheers,

Ax

Sorry to hear you haven't gotten it working yet. As to the answer for your question, it depends on what you are deleting. On the Internet Options General tab, there is a View Objects button. If you delete what is in here (the C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files folder), this could cause the problem. If you think it might be a cause, try to not delete the temp files folder and post back the results.

Cheers,

Ax

I went there and it shows flash installed 11/9 and shockwave active none in all categories, no date installed, so I clicked to update it. Now this morning it was okay. OMG, when I just nowdeleted my temp files like you said, I saw the active x being deleted in a box to the side. I have been seeing this lately and wondered what it was deleting and now I saw it! No other files do this? So it does have something to do with the temp files, but this is not a temp folder is it? I am so confused.

Sorry to hear you haven't gotten it working yet. As to the answer for your question, it depends on what you are deleting. On the Internet Options General tab, there is a View Objects button. If you delete what is in here (the C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files folder), this could cause the problem. If you think it might be a cause, try to not delete the temp files folder and post back the results.

Cheers,

Ax

I went back after I deleted the temp files, and you are correct– the shockwave is now gone! How do i change it that it wont touch the adobe in my download file? I have to delete my files, otherwise it slows the puter.

I haven't changed the setting on this computer ever and all of a sudden it starts this? Or maybe I hit something in m sleep! :rofl:

Please tell me how you are deleting the temp files, that way I can gain a better understanding of what is going on.

Thanks,

Ax


tools, internet options delete files/then I check the delete all offline content box. I bet you wish you never talked to me.


I have XP pro like you and wondered if maybe you could tell me how to do a system restore and then I can back a month and things will be okay. I knew how t do system restore in Windows 98, but I inhereted this puter from my sister's defunked company and am cluecless about xp pro. I think that will solve all of this, or?

Please tell me how you are deleting the temp files, that way I can gain a better understanding of what is going on.

Thanks,

Ax

Okay, I did a system restore back to Jan 3 to when it wasn't doing this, and it is still deleting the adobe. ARGG

Could you please tell me the current location of the Temporary Internet files folder?

I am using IE, then I go to internet option/tools/general/delete files/delete all ofline content box which I have been checking. I have been doing it this way for years.

I did restore to Dec 1, 2006 when this problem did not exist, but I cleaned my temp files the same way and it is still uninstalling that file. I see it pop up really quick. It just started a bout 10 days ago, when I saw that box pop up while deleting the temp files. It was only today that I noticed what it was deleting, and it was my flash. If I restored back to Dec 1, this should not be happening, so it is withing my system I guess. How crazy is that?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI