This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Adobe Flash Player Version!

11 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I want to know the version of Adobe Flash Player installed on my computer. How do I come to know that? Flash Player is needed only for browsers. correct? Is this different for different browsers? There is one more query: Prompt for updating adobe flash player only comes up when my computer restarts and not even connected to the Internet. How is this possible without even connected to Internet?
Hello there I am not an expert here, but hopefully I may be able to help a little with your question. As far as I am aware, to find out your version of Adobe shockwave flash you can open internet explorer, click on tools, then click on manage add ons. This should bring up a list, find Adobe shockwave flash and to the right there should be the version that is running on your pc. If going thru firefox, click on tools, then addons, then plug ins as flashplayer is a plugin for ff. Im not sure with other browsers as I only have IE and FF. You are being prompted when u reboot as the update probably came thru when u were last on the internet, but as u did not update at that time, your pc is basically telling u it is ready each time you reboot. If u agree to download and install it, it will then ask u to connect to the internet to complete the update. One of the very smart techies here will help u further as soon as they can Im sure, but hopefully this will help u a little in the meantime. Chrissy :D I just thought I would add that it is very important to upgrade all your programmes to the latest versions as soon as possible to avoid security vulnerabilities in older versions ;)
Thanks Chrissy, Your directions provide sufficient information to allow discovery of the requested information. Thanks for your contribution. Doug
Thanks all. There is 1 more query: Flash Player is needed only for browsers. correct? Is this different for different browsers?

Flash Player is needed only for browsers. correct? Is this different for different browsers?


It is different for Internet explorer, all other browsers (firefox, chrome etc) use the same version.
This is explained in the link that Pilate provided.

Chrissy :D
Sorry…didn't see that….there are 2 products that adobe offer…flash player and shockwave player…..please let me know…….for which things these players are required in web development…. In this, i know adobe flash player is usedif you want to show embedded video in your webpage….please let me know if i am correct and if there is any other use?
.

there are 2 products that adobe offer…flash player and shockwave player…..please let me know…….for which things these players are required in web development….

In this, i know adobe flash player is usedif you want to show embedded video in your webpage….please let me know if i am correct and if there is any other use?


This is way over my head lol, so Im sure one of the techies will help you as soon as possible. But in the meantime, I would advise u start reading here…http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/
This page also tells you what version you are running (depending on the browser u are using at teh time) but if you click the links to the right of screen, it may have a wealth of information on everything to do with the adobe flash player and its uses.
Sorry I cant help you further, but as I said, I am not very computer literate neither lol.

Chrissy :D

Heres another link that may also help with your enquiries http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_website
If you just want a quick, simplistic answer… from adobe's site: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15508.html

Shockwave Player displays content created with Adobe Director 11.5 software such as high-performance multiuser games, interactive 3D product simulations, online entertainment, and training applications. By using extensions, developers can extend the capabilities of Shockwave Player to play back custom-built applications.

Flash Player displays content created with Flash Professional CS5. This content includes web applications, website user interfaces, interactive online advertising, and rich Internet applications (RIAs) created using Flex.

it's like everything else to do with software,
the coding you use to write the program in the first place decides what player(shockwave or flash in this case) the user is going to need to play/watch it on their pc's.

:popcorn:

Flash files load more quickly than Shockwave files.
Shockwave is more versatile. You can create more complex games, more elaborate interactivity and more detailed animation.
You can use more types of files with Shockwave. You could, for example, import a Flash file into a Shockwave movie, but it doesn't work the other way around.
Flash is more universal. More than 90 percent of Web users have the Flash plug-in installed, while a little less than 60 percent have the Shockwave plug-in.
Flash creation software is cheaper. Director costs a little less than $1,000, while Flash costs about $400.
Flash is an open-source format. Anybody can see how it works and is free to adapt it for their own purposes. Director uses a compiled file format, so it is extremely difficult to modify the program.

http://www.howstuffworks.com/web-animation6.htm
http://www.askdavetaylor.com/the_differenc…_shockwave.html

Hey terry… I already posted that quote.

Did I hold my wrists wrong when I did it? :popcorn:
:lol:


i noticed tomk and deleted it while you were typing.. :smack:

sorry. :P

:popcorn:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI