Software
Unable to uninstall adobe photoshop edition 3
2 min read
tsunami
Topic Starter
I am unable to uninstall adobe photoshop starter edition 3 – I tried to remove it via the control panel add/remove program as it doesn't have an uninstall program – halfway through the uninstall I get an error box which says "Internal Error 2753.ADB2.EXE2 – when I click OK I get another box that says "Fatal Error during Installation" – I tried to reinstall it but I get the same errors – I opened HJT clicked into the Uninstall Manager and hilited adobe and selected delete this entry – well I deleted it from the HJT uninstall Manager list but it is still in the Control Panel add/remove Program list – but the change/remove options are now gone – I think I have made it worse by going to HJT – Apart from this my computer is running great and no problems – I just want to get rid of adobe from the "Control Panel" Currently installed Programs – Any ideas
Thanx
adobe_uninstall_errorbox.doc
Doug
Hi tsunami,
Always remember that "Google is your Friend" when dealing with this kind of problem.
But, as you've already found out, Adobe may not always be so friendly.
Since you've already "compromised" your installation of Photoshop, you'll probably have to take the "manual removal" route. It's tedious, but doable.
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/331405.html
If photoshop remains in your add/remove listing, you may have to also remove its reference from your Startup files.
Best Regards
Always remember that "Google is your Friend" when dealing with this kind of problem.
But, as you've already found out, Adobe may not always be so friendly.
Since you've already "compromised" your installation of Photoshop, you'll probably have to take the "manual removal" route. It's tedious, but doable.
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/331405.html
If photoshop remains in your add/remove listing, you may have to also remove its reference from your Startup files.
Best Regards
paws
(EDIT) Sorry Dough, and welcome back, you beat me to it…
tsunami, please follow Dough's directions before reading my post. thanks.
p
Hi,
First back up your Registry.
then go here for the Registry changes needed.
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article05-009
It is really important that you back up your registry before editing it.
Regards
paws
tsunami, please follow Dough's directions before reading my post. thanks.
p
Hi,
First back up your Registry.
then go here for the Registry changes needed.
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article05-009
It is really important that you back up your registry before editing it.
Regards
paws
tsunami
dough/paws, thanx for your input/help – I'm not yet confident enough with computers to start editing the registry asper the manual removal instructions so I will ask for help from one of my friends when he returns from his xmas holidays – once again many thanx
bi
tsunami
paws/dough – I fixed it – like i said I'm not to confident when it comes to the registry as I know one little mistake could mean big problems – anyway I used my Registry program "RegSeeker ver 1.52" and typed in find adobe and it brought up all these adobe registry items – I deleted them – it's no longer in my Control Panel "Add/Remove programs – Once again thanx to you both for your help

andypandy4
paws/dough – I fixed it – like i said I'm not to confident when it comes to the registry as I know one little mistake could mean big problems – anyway I used my Registry program "RegSeeker ver 1.52" and typed in find adobe and it brought up all these adobe registry items – I deleted them – it's no longer in my Control Panel "Add/Remove programs – Once again thanx to you both for your help
![]()
hi there i am trying to remove this adobe photoshop too as it is really pissing me off can you please help telling me wot to do thanks andy
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI