Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Removing problems

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 roxy

roxy

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:10 PM

I wanted to remove the program adobe photoshop cs. so i went to control panel and clicked add/remove programs so i clicked remove under aobe photoshop cs and this is wat it tells me: >SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp(442) PAPP:Adobe Photoshop CS and ImageReady CS PVENDOR:Adobe (http://www.adobe.com) PGUID:EFB21DE7-8C19-4A88-A766E16493BC $7.1.100.1248 @Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) IE 7.0.5730.11 and then when i click ok this one shows up: Setup has experienced an error. Please do the following: -Close any running programs -empty your temporary folder -Check your internet connection (internet-based setups) Then try to run the Setup again. Error code: -5001 I really don't know what to do and I really want to remove the adobe photoshop program. I hope someone could help me out! thanx!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 04:28 PM

Sometimes Windows Add/Remove cannot Uninstall an application if the application itself has been changed/upgraded since original installation, or if some files/components of the application have already been removed.

Adobe itself generally includes an Uninstaller routine that you can find in C:\Program Files\(your adobe PhotoShop utility)
The Uninstaller may look like: Uninst.exe, or Unwise.exe, or Un(something).exe

If the Adobe Uninstaller also doesn't work........ Adobe supplies a Manual Uninstall protocol, here:
http://www.adobe.com...x.cfm?id=331405

If you have the original installation CD or Installation file that you downloaded, it often helps to:
Run the installer... to copy all of the Adobe files over-top of the current installation.
Running this Re-installation prior to attempting to Uninstall, "may" correct the files, such that Add/Remove can then do its job.

This last suggestion (#3) may seem ironic/paradoxical, but it is often the first/best recommendation of choice when having difficulty uninstalling any application.

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 roxy

roxy

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 11:01 AM

is there any other way to remove it? cuz this photoshop cs was just downloaded from limewire :sigh: i hope there is another way to remove it!

#4 soaring

soaring

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 11:32 AM

Be sure the program is not open when you try to uninstall it. Sometimes just restarting your computer and then try again the unistall "might" work. good luck Gene

#5 bizarrebob

bizarrebob

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Computers. Video games.

Posted 08 February 2007 - 11:47 AM

Hi there :wavey: Quick question, did you download a 'trial' or 'full version' ? Because there are 2 things we can do. If you downloaded a 'trial' from Limewire, we can download the trial from the official adobe site and INSTALL that one, it'll ask if you want to uninstall or replace the files you already have. If i was you i'd choose uninstall, then restart and do a fresh install of the trial. If you downloaded a 'full version', just find the setup.exe file and attempt to re-install it. There should be an option if i remember correctly that will uninstall it from the setup.exe file. Hopefully this works. If not, the final step i would take is this: Delete all the files from the Adobe Photoshop folder on program files on the C drive and then post a message and ask for someone in the spyware/malware section of the site to help you remove your 'photoshop' files from your registry. I am quite sure this is a way of getting it off your machine. Now learn from experience, don't use P2P programs for illegal activities. B)

::: My Spec :::

Windows 7
Intel Core Duo @ 2.8ghz
4gb OCZ RAM @ 1066mhz
ATI 4870 512mb

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online

#6 roxy

roxy

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 03:10 PM

thanx for your help..im going to try wat you guys told me and i hope something works. im not really sure if this is a full version or trial version. :sigh: i learned my lesson now! hehe! thanx i'll let you guys know wat happened.

#7 roxy

roxy

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:03 PM

i uninstalled it successfully! thanx for your help! i really appreciate it! what i did was find the file i downloaded from limewire and installed it again and then went to control panel add/remove programs and uninstalled the program! really appreciate all your help! i love this forum! i will still continue to refer this site to my friends! always helpful ;) thanx again!

#8 bizarrebob

bizarrebob

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Computers. Video games.

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:49 PM

Glad it worked. And even more important, i'm glad you learnt your lesson. That's what life is all about. Stay safe.

::: My Spec :::

Windows 7
Intel Core Duo @ 2.8ghz
4gb OCZ RAM @ 1066mhz
ATI 4870 512mb

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online

#9 roxy

roxy

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:45 PM

from now on i will! :D