This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

I need to update my PC

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

With Office 2000 Service Release 1a (SR-1a). After downloading, it is asking me to insert word 2000 disk, I have got no idea where I have put it. Does that mean I cannot update? Thanks
Yep. MS requires proof that you own the software - that you have the CD to insert. Or that their is a qualifying Office product already on the machine, if you are upgrading. For instance, in order to "upgrade to Office 2000, from Office 97, on my Windows 98 machine, I must first install Office 97, and then insert the Office 2000 upgrade CD (and enter the Product ID for Office 2000)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI