This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

help with office xp 2000 std

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a dell Lattitude D610 laptop with office xp 2000 std. I took an automatic windows update about a month ago and excel stopped working completely and word is slow. When I launch excel, an installer win dow comes up, configuring window comes up and asks for disk. I have a newer disk office xp2000 std with patches but computer doesn't read disk in drive. Error 1706 and path cannot be found. I replaced drive with new one and installed office pack in desktop from same disk, so its not disk. Drive doesn't seem to be communicating with laptop anymore and don't know why. Used uninstal wizard to un instal windows update but not all could be removed. Laptop is junk right now.
Hi and welcome to the WTT forums
:welcome:

dell Lattitude D610 laptop with office xp 2000 std…. I replaced drive with new one and installed office pack in desktop from same disk, so its not disk.


I suggest you try this:
1 Uninstall Microsoft Office
2 Restart your computer
3 Using your genuine MS Office Install disc(s) and genuine 25 digit product key reinstall MS office and see how you go.
Regards
paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI