This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

I need to fix this

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

MS00-34 & MS01-028. I have been to microsoft website to download the patch but it will not install on my computer. I have office 2000 and XP SP2. Please help
Do you have any additional "Error Message" information appearing on your screen when this problem occurs?

If you do, post it here so we can offer more informed and specific recommendations.

If not, here is a general MS knowledge base article with steps for trouble-shooting such errors.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602

Best Regards
Vulnerability Check Logs 10/12/2006 Time Related Bulletin Risk Level Provided By Potential Incident 10:50 MS00-034 Very High Office Update VBS_DAVINIA.A 10:50 MS01-028 Very High Office Update W97M_GOGA.A This is what I get. I have also downloaded the patches to fix these and get this message. I got this message after I have downloaded. "The expected version of the product was not found in your system." Am I missing something there? Thanks
Hi Marie48,

This is a "long shot".

Your "vulnerability check log" is dated 10/12/2006

Is your Clock/calendar also set to show 10/12/2006 - today.
MS Updates may not work properly if the computers date/time is not accurate.

OK, I did say the above was a "long shot" so after folks get over their laughing……

You may have a problem with Microsoft Installer
MS has a utility for cleaning up remnants from installations, where the MS installer did not complete its work.
here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

You may also want to download/install the Updated MS Windows Installer 3.1
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893803

You will also probably benefit from clearing out your "temporary internet files"
You can use a good automated tool like CleanUp! 4.51 or ATF Cleaner. (both are free)

Best Regards
Yes, my computer is set to to-day's date which is 10/12/2006 and my vulnerable check was done today. I cannot see what's the problem with the date. Thanks
Throughout the information discussion of this topic, MS consistently recommends that the User(you) utilize the MS Updates Utility, here:
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp

Presumably, you would not have posted your question, if the above had worked successfully for you.
_______________________

For MS00-0034

The patches are for the MS Office 2000 family of applications.
If you are running Office 2000, the first two following links should help:

For MS00-0034 you can read more information about this Patch for MS Office, here.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?…767&sd=tech

Here is a link to directly download and install the vulnerability Patch:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details…;DisplayLang=en
_______________________________________

Are you running Office 2003? If so, there is an additional step that may be required as explained here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909074
(you may need to uninstall "Microsoft Office 2003 Web Components version 2" before installing Version 3.
______________________________

For MS01-028
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326585/en-us
Again it appears to be an issue of installing "Office 2000 SP3 Client Update" for Office 2000 products.
_______________________

If the above KB articles do not satisfy your problem, please consider the following questions:

Is this machine being used in a business office environment?
If yes, you should consult your businesses IT consultant if you have additional problems.

Is it possible that components of Office 2000 have been "uninstalled" by you/the user?

What Operating System is this machine running?


Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI