This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Registry entry

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello all, I'm a new member with a registry entry question. I have a registry entry LEGACY_MCHINJDRV that I can't delete. Do you or anyone else have any knowledge of this issue ? Reklov
There are "legitmate" uses of this registry entry. For instance: spysweeper, a2 and Trojan Hunter. If you have any of those products installed and running in the background, they will prevent change or deletion of this item. There are also "malicious" instances of this registry entry. For instance, a wide variety of Trojan infections and at least one commercially installable "keylogger". If you have any of the above listed "legitimate" applications running, it is probably OK to leave it, but you might still want to Run a HJT and Post over into the Malware Removal forum to assure yourself that you are not infected. If you don't have any of the above "legitimate" instances installed, then you've either installed a "parental control application" or a "keylogger", or you have a Trojan. Therefore, Run and Post your log over to the Malware Removal Forum. Best Regards
Thanks Dough Used to have Spysweeper, but deleted it. Don't know what a2 is and I do not have Trojan Hunter. So, I'll run and post HJT Thanks again. Reklov

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI