rocknroll
Topic Starter
Please help me.
My XP system is under virus attack. Some unknown virus "DOWNLOAD.TROJAN" has caused this problem.
When I go through the XP Registry I see unknown entry next to this:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
Shell —> Explorer.exe, C:\Windows\System32\iocce.exe
Userinit —> C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe, vjbac.exe
For some reason, I am not able to delete "C:\Windows\System32\iocce.exe" and "vjbac.exe" these entries from the registry.
- When I double click on this value, I can edit it and close. But when I open it again the deleted values comes back.
- I even tried to export the Winlogon registry tree and edited the text and re-imported it, even then the values are not getting deleted.
- I login as Administrator, and I set the permissions to Full. Even then I am not able to delete.
- Hijackthis is not able to fix this problem.
Please, can someone guide me.
Thanks.
My XP system is under virus attack. Some unknown virus "DOWNLOAD.TROJAN" has caused this problem.
When I go through the XP Registry I see unknown entry next to this:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
Shell —> Explorer.exe, C:\Windows\System32\iocce.exe
Userinit —> C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe, vjbac.exe
For some reason, I am not able to delete "C:\Windows\System32\iocce.exe" and "vjbac.exe" these entries from the registry.
- When I double click on this value, I can edit it and close. But when I open it again the deleted values comes back.
- I even tried to export the Winlogon registry tree and edited the text and re-imported it, even then the values are not getting deleted.
- I login as Administrator, and I set the permissions to Full. Even then I am not able to delete.
- Hijackthis is not able to fix this problem.
Please, can someone guide me.
Thanks.