This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Can't Delete a registry Key

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi Everyone, After cleaning up after some malware I ended up with, one thing remains and I am unable to get rid of it. The registry key HKLM\Software\PSGuard.com gives me an error message when I try to delete it. I have tried deleting it in safe mode also. I have changed the permissions giving me full control of the key but still no luck. I did delete all of the entries in all of the keys under it so it isn't causing a problem but I think it is odd that I can't remove it. Everything I fixed is gone but ad-aware still sees this one after a restart. There is another strange looking key I tried to delete and got the same error. It was something like MySiteBar. Still not causing a problem but it won't go away. Is there a trick to getting rid of these stray dead keys? Thanks, Rob

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI