Thanks paws. I have thought about a new profile for the user. I would need to log in as another profile on there to make sure this problem is related to the profile and not system wide. I wasn't able to go past the first post that you linked to. If we are free of malware, which I thought we were, we will just have to get along with this problem for awhile.
Thanks,
Rob
To help our stream of work, I'm posting what you sent to me earlier:
Unlocker will allow me to unlock the file but the problem is still there.
I have determined that it is unique to the users profile and not system wide.
I can log on to that computer with my profile and I can not cause the lock to happen as I can when the regular user is logged on.
It will be up to him whether I delete his profile and start over if we can't find out what is causing it.
I'm not sure how much of a problem it is to him as it is now.
Thanks to "Paws" for the excellent suggestion.
I'll persist with the StartUp List, so that maybe you can "fix" the owner/user's present Account.
But at least you know that you also have a workable backup plan.
Best Regards,
Doug
EDIT: Three heads are definitely better than one, and add LDTate as a fourth for rulling out any malware and the JAVA update suggestion.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI