This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Stuck in MS-DOS

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Computer running Windows 98SE opens in MS-DOS and I can't get it to go back to Windows. I'ts my old computer and I've been removing files and programs. Looks like I removed one too many. I can get command prompt A:\> or C:\> but can't go anywhere. I type in ver and it tells me I'm running Windows 98. I've tried Rescue Boot Disk in floppy drive, computer says, Yeah, you've got a rescue disk in drive A, but it won't run it. How do I get back to Windows?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI