Hiya– I've got an older laptop (from june of 99) that has been running windows 98. I passed it down to my mother, and all of a sudden, it will not boot. It hasn't been used to access the internet for quite some time (a matter of years). At first, when I'd boot it up, I'd get a white screen, then it would tell me that it couldn't find an operating system. I tried using the startup disk, but couldn't even get to an msdos prompt, so I ended up using the hard disk installation utility, which at least has given me the dos prompt back, but only when I boot with the windows startup disk. It loads to a screen that says, "Windows 98 has detected that drive C does not contain a valid FAT or FAT 32 partition" and then lists reasons why this may be. SO when it gives me the prompt, and I attempt to run Fdisk (which is what the help file instructs), it tells me "no fixed disks present"… Any advice? Thanks, Bridget