This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

can not get computer to boot up in windows to run hijack this

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I can not get my computer to boot up properly. I am running Windows 98 and before it loads all the way, a fatal error screen consistently appears and I can never get past it. If I boot the computer in safe mode, no desktop icons appear nor does the "start" button that is usually at the bottom left corner of the screed. Since I can not get into windows, I have not been able to download, install and run hijackthis. I guess I will need to boot the computer in dos mode, but do not know what to do from there. Anyhelp on what to do or where to begin would be greatly apreciated. Thanks, Jay

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI