JSass
Dough,
I have implemented the recommendations from the PC Pitstop scan and your last few posts. At this point, I will complete the following:
* defragment disk drive (have done so 3 times already, prior to software installation)
* run scan disk (have done once with no errors)
* run spybot search and destroy
* run avg anti-virus software
* run ad-aware software
* run PC PitStop scan; post to TC for your review
Note: when attempting to install avg anti-spyware, I received a message that I must have Windows 2000 or later. I believe I received a similar error when attempting to install zone alarm.
At this point, I am attempting to resolve a few related issues:
* First, upon system boot up, I receive a black screen with white letting saying - "Windows Application" "The Windows registry or system.ini file refers to this device file, but the divice file no longer exists." … "C:\program~1\mcafee\mcafee~2\safe&s~1\fbwin95.vxd." "Press any key to continue."
* Second, I receive an error (I do not have the complete text) from AOL indicating the Media Player is looking for a file that no longer exists … if I want to use the Media Player, I shoud re-install the software.
Thank you again for your assistance. If you could respond before 12 Noon MST today, not absolutely necessary, I would appreciate it.
JSass