Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lisaspups

lisaspups

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 05:59 PM

My Dell was infected by the Sasser virus while I was working in WordPefect 10 (Office 2000). I have followed all the instructions for removing the virus and my computer is still functioning poorly -- my screensaver locks, Outlook and Internet are slow to come up. I have adjusted the settings to Norton Antivirus and it helped some (I actually removed it because after running the Live Update it seemed to cause even more problems). I have contacted Alltel, my DSL and internet provider. They were of some help at first, but now not so much. I have also used the suggestions given to me by Mr. Coyote. like running Housecall and Spybot. I still cannot get WordPerfect to come up. The window starts and then just hangs there. I had Norton Antivirus but it seemed to be causing problems too, so I removed it. I don't know what else to do at this point.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 nvoutt

nvoutt

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 09:24 PM

Runnign XP? try a system restore? to before May2nd since thats when the sasser came out..
Posted Image

#3 Guest_SalukiFan_*

Guest_SalukiFan_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2004 - 11:33 AM

See This

If you use System Restore, make sure to get all of your critical Windows updates afterwards.