Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Trojan Horse In Computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tinaj

tinaj

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 10:34 PM

I am new to this forum as I have accidentally run into this site through the Zone Labs Forum. My computer sends me a warning saying: Virus Trojan horse Downloader. Keenval.O I am inexperienced with the computer but am trying to learn what all is involved in making up "the computer" (will never know all in my lifetime). This is what I have; Spybot S&D, Ad-aware, Zone Alarm, and AVG and when I ran this nothing caught it. I also went to Trend Micro and did the Housecall and they said I was clean also. My computer to me is (royally messed up), I can not run my "scan disc tool", my computer freezes, my dial up connection disconnects, whether on the internet or within the computer everything takes forever to get to once I choose what to do. This is very annoying! Lots of times it will take 3 times to connect (dial up) to the internet. I just don't know where to turn except maybe to put my computer in the closet for awhile. Please if someone could help me with my computer problem and/or advice on security software it would be greatly appreciated. TinaJ XP Home Edition SP1 (updated 2) P.S. Any specific information needed please also be specific as it might take me awhile to find.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 vgil

vgil

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 12:44 PM

Hi. I'm not a techy guy, nor an expert in this stuff. I've encountered keenval.o before.

It just so happened that I was using Bullguard Antivirus. It was able to get rid of it along with alot of stuff that other AV's could not detect. You can download a 2 month free version of Bullguard at http://www.bullguard.com/

Now I'm not advertising for them, but this program was pretty good and their support staff were excellent (you get a response in less than an hour round the clock).

Too bad you had to pay for their services.....I've switched anyway.